12.21.2015

The Go-to Black Booties




I think it’s safe to say that we all have at least one go-to item in our closet. Whether it be a pair of pearl earrings, a rose gold watch, an oversized flannel or a fedora – it’s there. Ready to be grabbed for those random this-is-happening-right-now-and-I-want-to-go days. I have a couple of go-to things including my pearl earrings, some midi rings and the Beyoncé of this post – my booties.



I have always been a person who loves style but also needs to be comfortable. Despite what Gossip Girl may have taught you, New Yorkers walk –a lot. It’s normal for me to meet my friends in TriBeca and end up in Midtown without swiping my MetroCard. So, I usually sway towards shoes that won’t slow me down. I’ve always been a boots-lover. I’m talking ankle boots, riding boots, low-heel, and no-heel!  Specifically booties. Booties have been a must-have for the fall/winter season for some time and I don’t see them going anywhere soon. I’ve been obsessing over the Chelsea-style boots but they always seem to be sold out when I’m ready to buy them. Luckily, I scored an all-black pair from H&M for $36 (including NY tax). What I really love about these shoes is the chunky heel. For me, the chunkier the heel is, the longer I can walk in ‘em.

If you’re like me and you don’t go shoe shopping a lot, I highly recommend you buy the basics first in the basic colors (black, grey, brown, etc.). Booties can be worn to dress an outfit up or down in the most simple way. Marilyn Monroe did say, “Give the girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.” Tell me what your go-to shoes are in the comment section!




My Links YouTube // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest //Tumblr


Purchase the Booties
Exact: H&M
Similar: GoJane 





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.