8.20.2015

Guest Post| My Key to Moisture - Kel-Lisa



Many questions us curly/coily-haired girls seems to get asked a lot is, "How did you get your hair get so soft?" "It's so long-what do you do?" "What products do you use?" It’s no secret that natural hair is all about trial and error. It’s a constant push and pull of what’s working for us and what isn’t. I came across Kel-Lisa, owner of natural_teen on Instagram a few months back. Her page is flooded with beautiful teens and young women with a range of natural hair types, lengths and colors. I love her account because we tend to see older women doing natural hair campaigns, videos, blogs, etc. It’s one of the reasons I started blogging in the first place. I’m really excited to have her as a guest blogger so keep reading!


Written by Kel-Lisa (@natural_teen)
Edited by Sarah Farma (@farmasarah)

            Everyone has their must-dos when it comes to their hair. Mine is co-washing with any conditioner I can get my hands on. Moisture is key to natural hair growth-no matter where it comes from. When I first started my natural journey everyone told me to find a good regimen and stick to it. I did that at first but when I was 15 and 16 I didn't have the money to buy what I needed when I needed it (like most of us natural teens). Whatever my mom brought home was what I had to use. I was devastated at first thinking my hair growth would be stunted by the inconsistency but after a few months of progress I realized that it's not always about what you use. No matter what I had I made my hair was co-washed and deep conditioned weekly and thoroughly treated monthly. Even my treatments varied. Now I'm not saying to continue to use a conditioner that clearly doesn't work for your hair but don't think you have to spend $40 on one product for your hair to grow. Enjoy the journey! It really is a great one.


My favorite products:

                                                                


 If you would like to be the next guest blogger – click here | Follow @natural_teen on Instagram

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.