7.05.2015

How I Style African Print



Hey guys! I’m so glad that I was able to make this video – you have no idea. But with school and not having a camera of my own it was pretty hard to do. I was walking in Greenwich Village, NYC and I came across this guy with a surplus of so many items covered in vibrant colors and beautiful prints. I’m the type of person who doesn’t have a set style but wears almost everything from different styles. I’ve recently been obsessing over Solange Knowles and her perfect pairing of prints, patterns and loud colors. So it was only fitting that I start with some African print. I’ve always loved African print but I didn’t have many pieces besides the skirt my mom made. In this video I decided to show you guys how I style some of my pieces for the summer. I also tried my best to find everything that I wore or similar styles! All photos were taken by Jalessa Montaque. If you are looking for a photographer/videographer in the NY/NJ area contact her. You may use photos [only] with permission from either Jalessa or myself. 





White tank top Gap (Here’s something similar)
Kente Skirt Handmade by my mother
Booties GoJane.com







 Polka Dot Crop Top Forever 21
Sunnies - Vendor (address at the bottom of this post)
Ankara Pants Vendor (address at the bottom of this post)
Booties GoJane.com





African Art Top Thrifted from Amvets in Buffalo, NY 
Mudcloth Inspired Headwrap - Vendor (address at the bottom of this post)
Vintage Levi Jeans Thrifted from LTrain Vintage (No Relation)
Faux Birkenstocks - Sears

Not Mentioned in Post but Seen in Video:
Overalls Thrifted from LTrain Vintage (No Relation)
Ankara Top - Vendor (address at the bottom of this post)
Faux Birkenstocks - Sears

Vendor Address: West 10th St. & 7th Avenue. Across the street from the NY Sports Club and next to Otto’s Tacos (Show him one of these pictures if you go & tell him I sent you!)


Which outfit was your favorite? Would you style it differently? How do you style your prints and patterns? Leave some comments below or contact me via social media!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.