12.13.2014

DIY| Conditioner for Dry Hair


















Are you suffering from dry hair? No matter what you do your
 hair just never seems to be properly moisturized. You just don’t feel like putting a dent in your pocket to buy a conditioner that you’re not sure will even work. Trust me, I know the struggle. So I am giving you one of the best conditioners I used to combat dry hair: some good ol' mayo!




You've probably heard of this recipe a ton of times. The main ingredients in mayonnaise are eggs, oil and vinegar which happen to be great nutrients for the hair. Eggs add protein, oil adds moisture and vinegar is a cleansing agent. I used this conditioner after going three weeks without having to wash or moisturize my hair. The results of my hair soft and my curls were defined.


Ingredients: 



3 tablespoons (you may need more or less) of mayonnaise; the brand really doesn't matter.


1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or a mix of your essential oils.

2 tablespoons of honey (for shine)

Steps:

1. Mix the ingredients. Part your hair if needed.

2. Apply the mayonnaise conditioner to each section evenly.

3. Place a shower cap or plastic bag on your head and leave it on for at least 15 minutes.

*For added heat and more penetration, wrap a towel around your head.*



4. Wash out with your favorite shampoo, condition with a regular conditioner and style as usual.





Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.