12.01.2014

My [Updated] Winter Hair Regimen



I decided to update my winter regimen as I have changed a few things. I am "oh so lucky" to experience all four New York seasons but with that comes dry-cold air; and with that comes dry-brittle hair. I've managed to follow some staples that keep my hair healthy and moisturized during the colder seasons. Be sure to check out my other regimen posts as well!

1. Conditioning. I co-wash maybe every 2 to 3 weeks and I'm a huge fan of deep conditioning. I stand by my mayonnaise conditioner and to winterize it, I add 1 to 2 drops of peppermint oil (click here for my recipe). I leave it on for 40-60 minutes to let it really penetrate my strands and scalp.
2. Washing. I wash my hair with RenPure Organic Argan Oil Shampoo or ACV. When I wear braids/twists my wash schedule depends on the dirtiness of my hair.
3. Retaining Moisture. You guys know by now how much I live by the LOC method. I start with water then I seal in my moisture with extra virgin olive, coconut or castor oil and lock everything in with Shea butter.
4. Protecting. See that beanie in the photo? I literally wear it all the time! Don't worry, I keep it clean. I usually wrap my hair with a satin scarf and rock the beanie for an entire week. Of course twists, braids, weaves & wigs are options as well. My new favorite style is a goddess braid which I’ll show you how to do soon!



    YouTube // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest //Tumblr    


Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.