9.17.2014

Fashion Feature| A-Shy



Meet A-shy Emily Bastien, a student at Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in the Big Apple. She is a Fine Arts major which studies drawing, painting, sculpture, art history, computer graphics, and fundamental design. Drawing and painting are her amazballs talent (I can vouch for that, she's definitely talented). For fun she enjoys going shopping , hanging out at bars or going to the club. Although she devours city life for breakfast she is also known to occasionally spend her downtime watching movies and reading books.

1. If you have one, who is your style inspiration?
My style inspiration is Rihanna. I've noticed that we both are similar in that we both share different types of styles. Her boldness is what also helps me to learn to be comfortable in whatever I like besides what everyone else thinks.
 
2. What are your favorite places to shop?
My favorite stores are Urban Outfitters, thrift stores and Boy London. Each store I feel represents me in a perfect way. When I feel like dressing as an urban city girl I go to Urban Outffiters. I go to thrift stores when I'm feeling a vintage and Boy London when I feel punk.
 
3. If you could have anybody's closet, who would it be?
Rihanna! Literally everything she wears is something I would want to wear.
4. What is your "go-to" fashion piece?
I have too many; lol! I always wear a snapback or beanie with my gold bamboo earrings. I never leave the house without the two.
5. Based on the fashion, if you could live in any era which one would it be?
I would live in the 80's and 90's. What I love about the 80's is the classic punk rock style. I'm obsessed with the way Madonna used to dress and the big curly hair which is my signature hair style. With the 90's I love the preppy look; in reference to Clueless it's cute, sexy , and classy all in one. I also love Kate Moss and Naomi Campbells' vintage Versace looks. I can't get enough of the gold chains, gold earrings, gold everything jewelry along with the 'hood style. All gold errythang!
5.What advice do you have to people who are judged based on their personal style?
If whatever style you choose to wear makes you feel comfortable in your own skin and it expresses your personality then wear whatever the hell you want! I always get criticized by my family because of my style and no matter how many times they say I look weird or stupid it is irrelevant to me because I'm happy with the way I look. As long as I'm happy I'll never change for anyone because they don't approve. It's your life; you can only be yourself not what others want you to be.
6. How do you describe your personal style?
My personal style is very diverse like my personality. One day I can look like a hippie, the next I'm punk, preppy, girly or a tomboy with a pair of sweats and Timberland boots.
  
7. What do you like/love most about this blog?
You embrace black woman. You say our natural hair is beautiful too. We can finally be proud and comfortable in our own skin along with all kinds of black woman all over the world .

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.