6.28.2014

Quick & Easy Vegetarian Carrot Burgers + Low Calorie Sauce!





Yesterday I made this delicious vegetarian meal. I’ve been craving burgers lately but I didn’t have any meat. I did have breadcrumbs and carrots so I decided to whip something up. I promise that these burgers were so yummy and fulfilling. I’m totally on board for veggie burgers – who is with me!?

You Will Need:

4 Boiled & Mashed Carrots
1 Whisked Egg
½ Peeled & Diced Garlic
½ Diced Onions
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
1 Cup of Breadcrumbs
Seasonings (Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, & Oregano)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. First create a mixture with the egg, garlic, onion, seasonings, mayo and olive oil. Stir. Add the carrots and the breadcrumbs. Stir until mixture is evenly distributed.

3. Shape into however many patties you would like. I created 4 mini patties. Coat an aluminum pan with butter, oil or cooking spray and place the patties on top. Leave at least 1 inch between each patty.

4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until you start to hear a sizzling sound.

Low Calorie Greek Yogurt Sauce


You Will Need:

½ Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
Seasonings (Thyme, Pinch of Seal Salt & Ground Black Pepper)


1. Mix the seasonings with the yogurt and refrigerate until ready to use on burgers. Also a great option for chip and/or veggie dip!














Disclaimer: I used eye measurements for both recipes but the measurements mentioned above are nearly the same as what I did initially. The outcome of your burger outcome can be different from mine depending on how you interpreted the directions. 

 TWITTER // INSTAGRAM // PINTEREST // TUMBLR // YOUTUBE


               





Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.