1.17.2014

Natural Hair Feature| Juliana







Meet Julie. A Bronx, New York native and student at SUNY Buffalo State. When she's not focusing on her communications courses she's tending to her many duties throughout various extracurricular activities. Though she likes being busy at school she also enjoys hanging out with her friends and being an awesome naturalista!


1. Why did you go natural?


I decided to go natural after multiple failed attempts at maintaining relaxed hair. Maybe I wasn't doing something right, but everytime I permed my hair, sooner or later, it would start to break off. In addition to permed hair not working out for me, I wanted to embrace my roots. I figured I should try to work with what God gave me and be fabulous with it.

2. Do you think natural hair is just a fad?

Absolutely not. Although it is becoming rather popular nowadays, I think it'll be around for a long time. I think people are becoming more open to natural hair and its' beauty.

3. What is your go-to hairstyle?

Definitely a Bantu knot-out. Probably because my hair is at a stage where that's the ONLY style that accentuates my hair length and my type of hair (4C).


4.What are your top 5 favorite products?


Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave-in/Detangler, Africa's Best Herbal Oil, Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream, Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Sheen Sealing Nectar, and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

5.Do you have any hair crushes?

YouTubers - NaturalMe4C, Glamfun, & Mocha Kid (Riley).

6. What is the best part of natural hair for you?

Confidence boost! I've definitely become more confident since I've been natural.



7. What is the worst part of natural hair for you?


Having to do my hair every night if I want to look a little presentable for the next day. It gets tiring.


8. What advice would you give to people who are natural or who want to be?


If you're already natural, power to you, don't succumb to the product junkie movement, although I think we're all a little guilty. If you want to be natural, go for it and see how it works for you, remember that it's not a permanent change.


9. If you were stuck on an island and can only have 3 hair products, what would they be?


Definitely my Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave-in/Detangler, Africa's Best Herbal Oil, and Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Sheen Sealing Nectar.


10. What do like/love most about this blog?

I like the diversity of the people on the site. I also like how Sarah doesn't just talk about hair. She talks about issues that girls face as well. You get the really important issues.
 



 

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.