1.24.2014

Natural Hair Feature| Erin



 

Meet Erin. An 18-year old teen from Milwaukee, WI. She likes reading, sleeping and baking (but not at the same time). Apart from being #awesomesauce, she's focusing on being accepted into university.
 
1.   Why did you go natural? Or why are you natural?
I've been natural my whole life. I actually don't know why my mom kept us natural to be honest but anyway I've been natural my whole life up until 8th grade (2009) when I hated everyone always talking about my hair so I decided to get a relaxer. Sophomore year (2011) I transitioned beginning in May & BC'd on New Years Eve of 2011, I wore it natural the whole time with no weave or anything then around October of 2012 I two strand twisted it & let them turn into locs, which I also eventually took down in probably March of 2013. Well here I am now a few years later with my fro!
 
2.   What is your go-to hairstyle?
My go-to style has always been two strand twists that eventually end up turning into a twist out.

3. What are your favorite products?
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque & their Curl Enhancing Smoothie.
 
4. Do you have any hair crushes?
I admire women's hair but learned not to have a hair crush because I'll start to wish my hair looked like hers, but turns out I'm not even the same hair type as this woman. So I just worry about me & my hair, although I absolutely adore a friend of mines hair named Tristen maybe because I remember when she first went natural and she's just so beautiful!
5. What is the best part of natural hair?
The best part of being natural is knowing that I have something that everyone else wish they had, & knowing that my natural hair is totally for me.
6. What is the worst part of natural hair?
The worst part of having natural hair is trying to find a natural shop to press & clip my ends, all of the shops here specialize in dreadlocks.
 
7. What advice do you have for people who are natural or who want to be?
DO NOT let anyone tell you aren't as pretty as the women with relaxers.

 

 

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.