4.11.2016

Fashion Feature| Shelcy & Christy



Shelcy Joseph


 I recently completed my undergraduate studies in Neuropsychology at Hunter College. I moved to New York almost 6 years ago and I love living in such a fun city. I am always on the lookout for inspiration and New York City abounds with that. I am very creative, adventurous and outgoing. During my free time, if I am not reading or blogging, I like to wander through unknown places in the city, try out new restaurants, visit art galleries and museums, engage in conversations with new people and capture moments with my camera.

Christy Joseph

I'm an International Business student at York College. I moved here from Haiti about 6 years ago and I've been pursuing my passions since. I love photography, filmmaking and fashion video blogging. I'm also a brunch and tea addict. I find inspiration everywhere and on my free time I like to explore New York City and try new things. It could be anything from going to the opera to eating at a new restaurant.

1. What are your favorite stores or places to shop?
S: I usually check out Zara, H&M and TopShop first. I have a few favorite online stores like Missguided, She Inside and Asos. But lately I’ve been really into thrift shopping. I know that’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but you can really find some unique pieces there. Best part is that they’re a much better alternative to regular stores because of their price.

C: My favorite store is TopShop, but some items can be pricey so I also like Zara, SheInside and H&M.


2. If you could have anybody's closet, who would it be?
S: It would be a mix of Kendall Jenner and Song of Style. I love how effortlessly sophisticated these two are.

C: Jen from Clothesencounters. She wears whatever she wants and can put together items that seem unmatchable into a chic outfit.


3. What is your "go-to" fashion piece or pieces?
S: When in doubt, a basic tee always works. I love accessorizing a gray basic tee with a bunch of necklaces and layers. Simplicity is always best.

C: I love a black pair of ripped jeans. They can be styled with anything.


4. What are your essential fashion items?
 S: A hat, a statement necklace and a pair of booties.

C: A pair of ripped black jeans, a pair of Oxford shoes and a dainty dress.


5. What's your current favorite fashion trend?
S: I am loving lace dresses, specifically the ones Zimmerman and Mr. Self-Portrait design.

C: I'm really into Zimmerman and Valentino's dresses. They take simple concepts and add a touch of eccentricity to capture the feminine side of fashion.

6. How would you [or others] describe your personal style?
S: Versatile! I draw inspiration from everything and I’m not afraid to try new things. I never thought I would like wearing culottes until I put together an outfit with them and I fell in love. On most days, I’m either edgy or casual chic, and on special occasions, I can be all classy.

C: Unexpected. It changes a lot. I can easily go from edgy to classy to bohemian. I love that it is so versatile. My sister and I are the same in that sense.










My Links: YouTube // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest //Tumblr

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.