1.08.2016

Raw Honey Beauty Hacks

Credit


I’m thinking of all the recipes I’ve made with honey – honey & peanut butter sandwiches, honey topped over granola and fruits and of course – in my tea. You guys know I always love finding ways to incorporate natural and organic things into my beauty regimens. We know about the endless opportunities with coconut oil and the benefits of coffee scrubs (easy DIY coming later) but do you know about the ways raw honey could be helping you?

If you look at the ingredients of honey it usually just lists one thing: honey. Honey is honey but like oils and [Shea/Cocoa] butters when it hasn’t been heated up and refined it maintains more of its nutrients and healing magic. If honey is just a try-thing for you then it really doesn’t make a difference what brand or type of honey you buy plus you’ll be saving money. If you plan on making it a staple in your beauty cabinet- I do recommend putting in a bit extra cash and buying raw honey. We may not like the bees that make them but we should definitely thank them for these beauty hacks.

Hair
Conditioner. Honey adds extra smoothness and shine to all hair types. For us curly girls, moisture is a major key. Honey is a natural humectant, or moisture magnet, and draws moisture from the air to your hair. I make my own deep conditioners and as soon as I started adding 2 tablespoons of honey in my conditioner I’ve noticed that my hair is shiner and softer.
·        Mix coconut oil and honey to make a quick moisturizing, shine-enhancing hair mask
·        Add honey to your sulfate, silicone, paraben, alcohol-free conditioner
·        Create your own conditioner and use honey as an ingredient


Skin
Face Mask. As stated before, honey attracts moisture from the air. Use honey to suck in long-lasting hydration into the layers of your skin.
·        After damping the face with water, apply a ½-1 teaspoon of honey to the face and massage into the skin for 5-10 minutes. Wash off with warm water and follow up with serum and/or moisturizer.

Acne Treatment. Honey has anti-bacterial and inflammatory properties that fight future breakouts and calm any irritation to the skin.
·        Apply a dot of honey to the area and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
Exfoliator. Add this acne fighting agent to a homemade exfoliator (Read This: Foundations for Exfoliators) and let it do its magic. With the scrubbing agent and properties from your essential oil(s) who needs a store-bought face product?

Skin Brightener & Scar Fader. I’ve always been very hesitant of store-bought fading creams so nevertheless I turned to natural ways to fade my on-going facial scarring. Honey contains properties that helps fade scarring and promotes skin regeneration. Mixed with my skin favorites, coconut and jojoba oil, this is probably my favorite hack.

·        Mix ½-1 teaspoon of honey with an equal amount of an essential oil and massage onto the affected areas for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.


My Links: YouTube // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest //Tumblr

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.