3.23.2016

Fashion Feature| Diamond



1. What are your favorite stores or places to shop?
My favorite place to shop, because I love treasure-like hand me downs, is this local thrift store in my city Lowell, MA called St. Vincent. Or just any thrift store really. Although a good portion of my clothes are from there Forever 21, Target, Marshalls and Journey's (for shoes) are my other go to spots.

2. If you could have anybody's closet, who would it be?
It'd be a mix between Solange, Alexa Chung and Will Smith/Tatyana Ali (fresh prince era)

3. What is your "go-to" fashion piece and/or hairstyle?
It's hard to have just one go to hair do. I'm always switching my hair up whether it's box braids, my natural hair or weaves. When my natural hair is out I always do Bantu knot twist-outs and sport a cute fro. My favorite fashion piece would have to be my older sister's big faux pearl earrings that's she's never getting back (ha ha).

4. Based on the fashion, if you could live in any era [or any place] which one would it be?
A mix up between the elegant 50s-60s looks and the expressive 80s -90s looks.

5. What are your essential fashion items?
High-waisted bottoms!! You don't have to worry about a crack slip and they aligned nicely with curves.

6. Fashion advice or favorite fashion quote?
In whatever we wear I believe we should have J Alexander's voice in our head "walk like it's for sale and the rent is due tonight." Be comfortable in all things you wear, own it.

7. How would you [or others] describe your personal style?
If I had to describe my style I'd say it's a relaxed tomboy chic look. Comfort is a priority. Others say I dress pretty boyish. If I really think about it, more males ask where I get my clothes from rather than females which I'm not bothered by at all because after all I shop in the men's section and have borrowed my older brothers' clothes ever since I could dress myself. Growing up I was like Donny from The Wild Thornberry’s. Free. So that kind of stuck with me in a fashion sense.

8. Favorite thing about www.sarahfarma.com?
What I love most about sarahfarma.com is the free expression that it contains. The elephant in the room kind of topics are discussed such as race, sex and natural hair. This blog is very insightful and altogether a good read.






My Links: YouTube // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest //Tumblr

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.