7.15.2015

Moisturized Natural Hair with Only TWO products


It’s no secret that curly/coily/kinky hair is naturally dry. We will never have to wash our hair every day because of oil build-up. Think about our hair like a straw: When a straw is straight, the liquid can go up and down fast and easy. But when it is bent, it struggles and only a little bit at a time can get up the straw. That’s our hair. Our follicles tend to be curled or bent in S or Z-shapes so the oils that our body naturally produces struggle to saturate our strands. That is why we rely heavily on water and oils. In this post I just wanted to share with you guys how I keep my hair 100% moisturized for days at a time with only water and Shea butter!

I do get lazy but the best way to make sure my hair is soft and well-moisturized is to do it in sections. The lazier I am, the bigger the sections are but I never just run my hands over the tips of my hair and call it a night.

I start by spraying the medium section with water (I use an old bottle from Shea Moisture because it lets out the water in a light mist rather than soaking my hair and resulting in ultimate shrinkage). Then I seal the section with my whipped Shea butter [with sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, coconut oil and olive oil in the butter].  To set it, I just twist my hair and wrap my scarf around it. 


How do you keep your hair moisturized?


     TWITTER // INSTAGRAM // PINTEREST // TUMBLR /YOUTUBE

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.