5.29.2014

BeautyCon NYC 2O14



This past Saturday I WENT TO BEAUTYCON NYC! 


I absolutely love the people who do beauty & fashion videos on YouTube. They are my celebrities. These ladies are normal everyday people just like me; which makes them easier to admire and relate to.  To have been watching people since their beginning days with their fresh face, basic camera and minimal editing is like watching a flower grow. You start with a seed and every time you see a petal or an extra leaf you jump for joy. I had a list of people I wanted to meet: Kandee Johnson, Niki and Gabi, Raye, Maya, Jenn Im, Claudia and many more!


When I got there I couldn't believe I was actually at BeautyCon! There was a cute setup with a taxi cab connected to hot pink balloons spelling 'BeautyCon' waving in the air. Once I got in I felt overwhelmed; I didn't know where to start. There were product booths, photo-booths and meet and greets happening all around me.





I started my selfie rampage on the awesome black and white tiled dance floor. It totally reminded me of Ariana Grande's current go-go phase. They were totally playing my favorite Top 40 songs. The dancefloor was complete with fun pretzel, beach ball and alien props. Near the bouncy house (yes, an awesomesauce bouncy house!) The SunKissAlba was having a meet and greet for the VIP and PRO people. Mandisa and I had general tickets so couldn't go to many of the meetups but the fact that I finally got to see her was enough (she's even more gorgeous in person).








Afterwards I took selfies with Jay Manuel from America's Next Top Model, Kandee Johnson, Weylie (who told me my dress was classy!) and her boyfriend Wah, ItsMyRayeRaye, Amy Pham from The Platform and Jenn Im (ClothesEncounters). I also did a little shameless promotion of Curls World and got some questions answered by Coco and Breezy.









I didn't get to meet everyone because it was so hard to find everyone and the security kept pulling them away but I had a fun experience. To be able to see, meet and hug such fun, inspiring and beautiful people was kind of indescribable [because I literally don't have a word right now]. I want to give a huge thanks to Mandisa for giving me this amazing opportunity. For more photos be sure to follow me on my personal Instagram @FarmaSarah! What YouTuber(s) would you like to meet if you got the chance? Comment below!








Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.