4.17.2014

Natural Hair Feature| Jennifer


 

Meet Jennifer, our first transitoner feature! She's an Afro-Caribbean student studying communication and media at SUNY New Paltz. She was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. For fun she likes to shop, eat, play video games, party, take pictures, dress up, and smile.

1. Why did you go natural? Or why are you natural?
I was bored with my look. I felt like I look the same since I was in the 8th grade. I wanted to spice up my look especially because I was going to college.

2. What is your go-to hairstyle?
Braids because  I am still in transition mode.

3. Do you have any hair crushes or inspirations?
My hair inspirations are Janelle Monae, Solange Knowles, and The Weave Whisper on YouTube.
 
4. What are your top 4 favorite products?
Organix Coconut Oil, Shea Moisture thickening moisture mist, Pantene deep conditioner for natural hair, and French hair oil (hair crack).
5. What is the best part of having natural hair?
The best part about having natural hair is all the hairstyles you can do with it and all the looks you could try.

6. What is the worst part of having natural hair?
The worst part is the humidity. Once I start to sweat, my hair becomes this crazy mess.

7. What advice would you give to people who are natural or who want to be?
For the people that want to go natural, make sure you have a hair plan because do not think once you cut you perm off, your hair will be all long and thick. It takes a while to get use to it. Meet people that are natural already. They become life support.
8. What is your favorite thing about this blog?
It provides so much help for going natural, being natural and supporting women of all colors and sizes.

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.